http://summeronwinterlane.com/2017/03/ Hi, I’m Keri. I hate kale and sweet potatoes, but I love Brussels sprouts and French fries. I practice yoga by day and enjoy martinis at night. I have been a registered dietitian nutritionist for over fifteen years and I love what I do.
http://aj-smith.com/wp-login.php My philosophy in nutrition is quite simple. I don’t believe in good or bad foods, just in foods that are better for you than others, and in those that we should consume more of. Honestly, I believe that all foods can fit into a well balanced diet. It is just learning about that balance that is most important. Deprivation is not part of my vocabulary.
order provigil from india My nutrition approach is rather no-nonsense. I look to science to make decisions on the newest trend or fad and am never afraid to speak on a controversial topic. Actually, I always enjoy a little friendly debate, and have often been asked professionally to engage in one.
I do not believe in diets, but rather feel very strongly about making small changes in your life that will ultimately lead to long lasting success. That is why I wrote my book, The Small Change Diet, to share my knowledge and what I have seen to work in thousands of my patients.
Before I became a dietitian I worked in the fashion industry in NYC for many years, perhaps that can explain my love for trendy clothes and stilettos. I switched careers because as much as I love clothes, I wasn’t passionate about what I was selling. You can look good on the outside by wearing a cool outfit but what really matters is how you feel on the inside. So now I promote eating right and staying physically active, and that I am extremely passionate about. Most recently I became certified as a yoga teacher after being an avid yogi for over seventeen years.
I live with my husband and we presently split our time between NYC and East Hampton, NY.
P.S. Other things I thought you might like to know about me:
- Masters of Science, Clinical Nutrition, New York University
- Bachelors of Business Administration, Marketing, Ohio University
Volunteer Positions I’ve held:
- National Spokesperson, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2007-2011
- President, New York State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2006-2009
- Delegate, New York State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2009-2012
- Annual Meeting Chair, New York State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2006-2009
- Public Relations Chair, New York State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2004-2006
- Treasurer, Greater New York Dietetic Association, 2004-2006
- Public Relations Chair, Greater New York Dietetic Association, 2002-2004
Honors I’ve received:
- New York State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2010 Media Excellence Award
- New York State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2006 Emerging Dietetic Leader Award