Say hello to Cooper Hank, named after his 4-legged brother Henry, the newest addition to my family!!! I’ve learned some very important things from having him this past week: 1. There is definitely something wrong with people who don’t smile at puppies (Yes, I can tell through their mask!), 2. Patience is BEYOND a virtue. and 3. LOVE can happen very quickly!
In this week’s the Keri Report:
- Keri’s Kitchen: Garlic Smashed Potatoes
- Is Coconut Oil Healthy?
- 10 Science-Based Ways to Help Prevent Obesity
Keri’s Kitchen – Garlic Smashed Potatoes
I wish I had a better picture to show you, but trust me these potatoes are delicious! AND so easy to make:
1. Boil small white potatoes (keep skin on) and cook until almost 100% done – should be able to pierce with fork.
2. Let them sit and cool. Meanwhile chop up some fresh garlic into small pieces.
3. Line up potatoes on baking sheet. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
4. Take a fork and gently smash each potato in the middle.
5. Spray (or lightly drizzle) olive oil over the potatoes. Sprinkle chopped garlic on top, and add some ground pepper and salt.
6. Place in oven and bake for @ 20-30 minutes till slightly crispy and browned.
7. Enjoy! (I had the other night with sliced skirt steak and corn on the cob!)
P.S. I owe this recipe to my friend Beth – always nice to cook a meal with someone else!
Is Coconut Oil Healthy? – U.S. News Eat + Run Blog
Sometimes it is so damn hard to keep up! Remember when there was like only two to three cooking oils to choose from? NOW – there are too many to count. In my latest blog for U.S. News I break down the facts, from fiction, on one of the trendiest oils out there – coconut oil. AND if you want more details on in be sure to take a listen to my podcast on the same topic – I mean when a topic is hot, why miss out?
10 Science-Based Ways to Help Prevent Obesity – Livestrong
I was so happy to be interviewed for this story because now a days too many people feel it is “politically incorrect” to talk about weight loss. But let me set the record straight, obesity can definitely lead to a host of health problems, and losing weight should be OK to talk about, if not deemed necessary! Read on…..