I know I have spoken before about going on vacation and still eating healthy and exercising. The truth is though that many of us forget that when we travel. Sure it can be tempting to eat more and totally get lax from your regular routine, BUT the reality is if you totally overdo it you can return from vacation needing a vacation. Personally, I just got back from an amazing trip with my sister to visit my niece who lives in Hawaii. We ate all our meals out. I enjoyed a margarita at lunch and a martini at dinner, but I also kayaked, hiked, practiced yoga and I ate a whole lot of avocado. I didn’t get back from vacation wiped out, even with the time difference, I came back invigorated. Yep, something to ponder when planning your next trip! Let me know how it goes 🙂
In this week’s The Keri Report:
- Keri’s Kitchen: Bowtie Pasta With Shrimp and Spinach
- American’s Spend Billions On Diets And Detoxes. Do They Work?
- 7 Tips To Keep You and Other Travelers Healthy Over The Holidays.
Keri’s Kitchen: Bowtie Pasta with Shrimp and Spinach
A couple of weeks ago I posted a picture of this dish on Instagram and it was a huge hit. Realizing that not all my readers follow me on Insta I thought I should share it here also. Didn’t want you to miss out on the yuminess!
Now – let’s be clear on something though – I don’t actually create recipes (or follow them) I just kind of wing it in the kitchen. So here is my “winged” version that I made for two:
1. Saute @3 cloves of garlic in @ 2 TBSP algae oil (or olive oil)
2. Add grape tomatoes (sliced in half) – @ 1 cup.
3. When tomatoes are soft add baby spinach (@3/4 of a bag), frozen peas (@1/2 cup), parmesan cheese (@ 2TBSP), some water from the pot that the pasta is cooking in (the starch from the water helps to thicken and add some consistency to sauce), a little salt, pepper and dried basil.
4.Then the cleaned raw shrimp (5 for me, 8 for hubby) join the pan needing less than 5 minutes per side to cook (or until pink).
5. Toss in the pasta. Mix all together. SERVE.
Have I told you lately how much I enjoy doing a radio show, especially when I can be at home in my sweatpants with no makeup? Well, let me say again how much I LOVE it! AND I love it even more when it is on a topic that is near and dear to me. Detoxes? Just typing this word makes my skin crawl. Anyhoo, please click on the link above and listen to the segment. It is only 10 minutes long and I promise you will enjoy it almost as much as I did.
7 Tips To Keep You and Other Travelers Healthy Over The Holidays – Cincinnati Enquirer
This article was originally on-line prior to Thanksgiving, but I haven’t shared it until now. Really you ask? Well, what’s the difference between traveling in November or December? Or for that matter in January? In my opinion, nothing! And to be honest, I think these tips are apropos even if you aren’t traveling anywhere! Let me know if you agree 🙂
p.s. Couldn’t resist this photo!!!